- In cases of item/s defect or damage due to carrier negligence and/or the buyer refuses delivery due to visible package damage. In case of damaged packaging due to carrier negligence, it is the buyer's responsibility to provide proof of carrier damage (photos of damage) to Nerd Urbanity for consideration for return. Items may be returned within 30 days for a full refund upon receipt of return
- In case of carrier loss, buyers should contact both Nerd Urbanity and the carrier for assistance. Nerd Urbanity will follow up with the carrier to track the items whereabouts. If the item is determined to be unrecoverable, then a full refund will be approved
- If a buyer receives an item/s that are other than specified specified prior to purchase, the buyer may return the item/s for a full refund within the 30-day window. However, documented proof of the defect and/or other than specified conditions must be provided to Nerd Urbanity for consideration. A full refund will then be issued only after the item/s receipt and inspection, as all parts and/or accessories will be inspected upon return arrival
- Nerd Urbanity is not liable for stolen or lost items after a delivery has been completed. It is the customers responsibility to contact the authorities and file the proper reports/claims with their mail carrier for compensation.
- In cases of fraud, buyers are not eligible for a refund and all collected information will be reported to the proper authorities for theft
- For accidental orders please contact Nerd Urbanity, as refunds for accidental orders may be approved on a case-by-case basis
Returns & Stocking Fees:
- If a buyer changes their mind about a purchase and wishes to return an item/s for a refund within the 30-day return window, only undamaged and unopened (original seal must remain intact) items will be considered for a return. A refund may then be provided upon receipt and inspection of return. However, the buyer will pay for return postage under these circumstances and a 15% stocking fee will be deducted from the refund
- If a buyer changes their mind about a purchase and wishes to return an item/s for a refund outside of the initial 14-day return window, said buyer may then request an extension for their return. It's important to note that the approval of a return extension will be considered on a case-by-case basis and only if the item/s are sealed, undamaged, and in their original packaging. Customers will be charged a 20% restocking fee that will be deducted from the refunded amount and will pay for return postage. Requests for an extension will not be accepted once the original 14-day grace period for a return has lapsed.
- Buyers may request a 30-day return extension from Nerd Urbanity; however, extensions must be requested prior to the lapse of the initial return period and will be decided on a case-by-case basis. Only new, undamaged, and unopened items will be considered for approval. While accepted requests allow for an additional 30-day extension to the return period, a restocking fee of 20% will be deducted from the refund and the buyer will pay for return postage.
- Pre-owned items are a final sale and not eligible for return/refund unless one or more of the following stipulations is involved:
- Breakage and or other forms of damage during transit
- Carrier loss
If you're concerned about potentially missing a new unreleased collectable, our pre-order process helps consumers to avoid missing out. When possible, we will send out pre-order arrival notifications. This will allow you to review your selected payment method, shipping address, and shipping method before your order is processed. If there are any changes, please notify Nerd Urbanity through email quickly so we can update said changes.
No payment is generally necessary until the item arrives at our warehouse and is ready to ship. When you purchase a pre-order, we will ask you to indicate how you would like to pay for the item. All accepted payment methods may be used to pay for pre-orders, including PayPal. We realize this may be months in advance, so you have the option to change payment methods at any time before the item arrives. Once the item arrives at the warehouse, we will process your order and charge your chosen payment method.
- Updates as to when incoming products will be in stock will provided
- For partial pay customers
- Once items arrive in-stock, payment requests for any residual fees will be sent out.
- Residual fees must be paid promptly, as to avoid pre-order abuses*
- Residual fees must be paid within 7 days of a payment request, or your purchase will be canceled
- If canceled, partial pay fees up to $15 will be fully reimbursed. Partial pay fees over $15 and up are subject to an NRD (Non-Refundable Deposit)
- NRD's are not eligible for reimbursement
To manage your pre-order, simply open your account page with your purchase or email Nerd Urbanity directly to assist with any concerns. It is important to note that customers have the option to pay pre-orders in full or use our partial pay feature to reserve your pre-order. It is also important to note that some partial pay pre-orders will be subject to a Non-Refundable Deposit (please read below for more information)
Nonrefundable deposits (NRD)
Some of Nerd Urbanity's collectables may require a non-refundable deposit, as such these items (with a stipulated NRD) may canceled and/or returned, however, the deposit will not be reimbursed. While NRD items will be clearly marked, it is the buyer's responsibility to be cognizant of the required nonrefundable payment involved.
- $1-$15 Dollar deposits are eligible for a full refund
- $16-$25+ Dollar deposits are not eligible for a refund. However, a consumer may contact us by phone and/or email to request NRD refunds.
- NRD Refunds of this nature may be authorized under very specific circumstances, and they will be handled on a case-by-case basis
If you wish to cancel a pre-order that required a non-refundable down payment at the time of order placement, you will need to Nerd Urbanity's contact customer service to complete the cancelation. Please keep in mind that your non-refundable down payment will not be refunded.
Pre-order Arrival Dates
Every product on pre-order lists an expected arrival date. We check in with our vendors constantly to ensure the information we provide is up to date. If something has changed, we will update our listings and the information in your account.
While we would like to ensure specific dates, the toy industry can and does have delays. Therefore, Nerd Urbanity's expected arrival date is an estimate and there are no guarantees of when a pre-ordered product will come in stock.
We cannot provide any compensation for the late or canceled preordered products and we recommend that our customers plan gift/special occasion purchases in advance and/or purchase in stock items, as arrival dates can and will change.
When possible, Nerd Urbanity will send out notification that a pre-order is arriving soon. This will allow you to review selected payment method, shipping address, and shipping method before your order is processed.
It is important to note that we may not be able to provide notice for all incoming items, as we are dependent on our vendors notification. Therefore, any changes to your information should be updated as soon as possible.
Due to the nature of pre-orders, pricing may sometimes change after we've listed a product for presale. If the price of a pre-order is reduced, prices will be adjusted to represent the lowered price. In rare cases, exact pricing from the vendor may not be initially provided, or we may be under obligation from the vendor to price according to their stipulations and/or if higher tariffs are imposed by the United States. In this event, we will contact each individual consumer to provide this information and give an opportunity to either accept or decline the increased rate. In the case of a declined purchase, the declining party will be provided a full refund. If the item had an NRD, then the deposited funds will also be returned to the consumer.
Pre-order shipping fees are estimates, not the actual amount charged for shipping. We do not always know the exact weight or product dimensions at the time we list a product for pre-order.
Once pre-ordered items arrive, we will work diligently to send in stock items as quickly as possible. However, there may be circumstances out of our control, and in these rare cases we will notify our consumers of the delay. We also ask for a little patience and understanding in said circumstances. If Nerd Urbanity cannot fulfill a pre-order, we will cancel and notify you of the cancelation as soon as we can. No compensation will be provided for the inconvenience.
Pre-order Package Grading
A few individuals may use our pre-ordering system to hold specific items in an effort to prevent others from purchasing and to that effect may look to artificially inflate the rarity and price of an item and/or withhold the stock in an effort increase their own sales. The staff at Nerd Urbanity are dedicated to our consumers, and we will not tolerate this behavior. If we determine a customer is abusing the system, we may require a non-refundable down payment or full payment for every pre-order by that customer and institute a lifelong ban from our store.
Where we Ship
Nerd Urbanity ships worldwide. As things change, we will expand shipping using different services and shipping companies.
We offer the following services for domestic delivery:
We offer the following services for international delivery:
- DHL ($1.50 Handling Fee)
- UPS ($1.50 Handling Fee)
All shipping method options are detailed during checkout. Shipping fees as well as delivery estimates are shown for each shipping method.
Shipping fees are based on actual product weights or dimensions. Dimensional weight reflects how much space a package takes in a truck or plane.
Shipping fees for in stock items:
The shipping fees displayed during checkout for in stock items
Shipping Fee estimates for pre-orders:
Shipping fees for pre-ordered items are estimates not the actual amount you will be charged for shipping. The exact product weight or product dimensions are not always known at the time we list a product for pre-order. If you are pre-ordering a single item an estimated shipping fee is displayed. If you are pre-ordering more than one item, the base fee and the price per pound that is charged for each shipment is shown. We cannot be certain which items will arrive together so a more accurate shipping estimate cannot be given. We recommend using the Pile of Loot to ship items together and save money on shipping.
Delivery times may vary depending on the shipping method selected. Each shipping method will display a delivery date or date range of when a shipment can be expected for delivery.
If you are purchasing a pre-order, the number of business days expected for delivery after the item has arrived will be displayed.
Under normal circumstances the stated delivery day/range is accurate 99% of the time. There will be a small portion of shipments that take longer. If your delivery has not arrived, we suggest you check the tracking to get a package update. Please be advised that some addresses may consistently take longer than the stated delivery dates. Deliveries may also take longer if you live in an area that is experiencing an unexpected service delay, such as severe weather, natural disasters, unscheduled events, etc.
Shipping Methods with a Guaranteed Delivery Date
Nerd Urbanity will try to be as accurate as possible with delivery estimates, however most services are not guaranteed to arrive on the date or within the date range specified. Some one and two day expedited services are guaranteed to arrive on a specific date but must meet specific criteria to be eligible. If your shipment does qualify and does not arrive as guaranteed, Nerd Urbanity will refund your shipping fee.
The following requirements must be met for Guaranteed Delivery:
A guaranteed delivery shipping method is selected
Order is placed before the deadline listed on the shipping method
Payment is successful before the deadline displayed during checkout
Your payment does not require additional checks for fraud that delay your payment
An attempted delivery on or before the guaranteed delivery meets our delivery guarantee
An offer by the carrier of a delivery appointment on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee
No service events as defined by the carrier occur that void their service guarantee.
If you suspect your delivery is late, please contact customer service. All requests must be made within 5 days of delivery.
Some very large items may require special freight shipping. If an item requires freight shipping it will be noted in the item’s description. When the item is available to ship, we will contact you with the actual freight cost. Most large items may only be shipped to street addresses in the contiguous United States